• Welome to NZ Blues. To participate in the public discussions as a forum member, please Register Now or if you already have an account, Log In.

Leicester City v Birmingham City 07 April 2024

admin

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Leicester v Birmingham
Sun, 7 Apr 2024 | 02:00 | King Power Stadium, Leicester

A short trip to the East Midlands as we head to Leicester tonight. Another clock change, so note the slightly earlier kick off time.
We'd love your comments, thoughts, team suggestions, and reaction to the game. Of course, if you're awake there will be in game chat in this topic, which is open to everyone who is registered on the website - you don't have to be an OSC member, but it helps.

Away.png

I'll be watching as usual. Big test tonight. Leicester will be all in for the win, they need it as much as we do. I think if we play like we did the other day, we have a chance. KRO

They’ve had a dodgy spell of late. Losing some weird games. If we can build on our performance they would be great. But it is an away game 😂

Yeah they have been eating plenty of crumble lately. I've only caught a few headlines but aren't they threatened with points deductions too?

I think there was something about the EPL considering a points deduction but they’re also considering changing the psr rules as a result. Something about a luxury tax

Sorry I didn’t make it last night. What did you think of the game? What were the standout moments and who were you motm contenders?

Really tough game last night. As expected. To get anything out of this game would have been a feat. Blues were resilient and went toe to toe with a really strong side. Stanfield scored the craziest goal I've seen in a while. His tenacity and work rate is exactly what we need.

Held out for so long, but the pressure was too much in the end. Subs that come on and give nothing (dembele, Hogan), then an error at the back, not tracking the man at the back post gave them the lead. Really tough to take. This now mounts the pressure for the remaining games, now we're in the bottom three. We have to put this behind us, but take away the positives into the next game. If we play like this, we can get out of this position.

MotM for me, Ruddy made some excellent saves, Stansfield for his goal, Paik was solid but it had to be Buchanan again. KRO, bring on Cardiff

Blues made the league leaders really work for that. Good game, edge of the seat (or from behind the couch) stuff.

I wanted to go Stansfield but having watched a couple of alternative highlights I think I’d go Ruddy. On a different note how many mistakes does Aiwu need to make to get pulled?