• Welome to NZ Blues. To participate in the public discussions as a forum member, please Register Now or if you already have an account, Log In.

Relegation battle

Grant

NZ OSC
Reaction score
Are you concerned about our battle for relegation? It’s no longer in our hands so how do you think the results over the next 2 weeks will go?

I really really really don’t want to go down to league one. My main concern is attracting the players we want in the off season. There really only so much heavy lifting “The Project” can do. We have a lot of contracts expiring this season. As I understand it, the club has improved its revenue, making it possible for them to spend a lot more than they have been. Can we attract the better players while in league one?

As for the results, hopefully the survival mode kicks in, now we’re in the zone. Like it did against Cov. But our fate now rests in other results, and we have to win. Maybe Norwich will go easy on us, because we have Ruddy?

Yes I’m concerned but we’ve been there before and come back. I remember the Kumars and being down. On the plus (or maybe more negative) side if we do go down, Jasper Carrot will be making a comeback as the Blues Part of his act will become relevant again lol.

My main concern is attracting the players we want in the off season.
My understanding is that it will be impossible to keep hold of Paik and Miyoshi due to them wanting international games with their home country, and they wont get that in League One. Let's face it, both are too intelligent for that anyway. They're too intelligent for the players we have now too.